[Year 12 IT Apps] Six Reasons Why I’m Not On Facebook, By Wired UK’s Editor

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 16:17:40 EST 2010

Kind of why we should realise that to live and online we very probably need
multiple identities. Kind of the same reason that I like to quarantine my
school email, from DEECD employer edumail, from private family email, from
this professional persona for edulists etc. A colleague takes this further,
creating different accounts on his laptop to separate work from home.

I have a professional identity (work) with LinkedIN and a private identity
(family) with facebook. With the former I add contacts who I would happily
share my CV with and the latter who I would happily invite to my home. I
could add more personas including the stern faced teacher at school and the
bubbly chap on Edulists. Other than that, a splash of doppelganger confusion
helps .. a google search of my name will pick my twin cousin (same name) who
enjoys riding unicycles with his Dutch bike club.

Now, which Roland you meet at VITTA conferences and is he the same as me?

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au