[Year 12 IT Apps] U4O1 marker

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Sep 9 11:27:23 EST 2010

Dear colleagues

It is a VCAA decision that no one outcome can be worth more than 60% of
a unit. This applies across all VCE studies. This is primarily for
assessment reasons in terms of protecting students - if they really do
poorly in an outcome that has the bulk of the marks, then their chances
of satisfactorily completing a unit (or getting a high grade) is at
risk.

You will note that in the new study design, there are no outcomes that
require students to complete three assessment tasks for an outcome. This
was in direct response to the feedback that the assessment requirements
were excessive for some outcomes.

Regards

Paula