[Year 12 IT Apps] Calling all technicians

Kevork Krozian K.Krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 18 11:39:16 EST 2010

Hi Folks,

  Sorry for cross posts.
 We all know that without our great technicians we would not be able to deliver our curriculum.
But , do we also give our technicians the same PD opportunities that we ask for ourselves ? Do we formally build into the budget both funding and time opportunities to help our technicians cross fertilize and learn about new opportunities, solutions and ideas ?

To that end,  VITTA are running a technician's conference day on Monday 29th November at Caulfield Racecourse.
Monday November 29, 8:00am to 4:30pm Monash University, Caulfield Campus and Melbourne Racing Club, Caulfield Racecourse.

The program is a rich collection of sessions with cutting edge providers and vendors showcasing the latest and greatest in technical developments.  These include Cisco, XIrrus, Microsoft and more .
The program is available at http://www.vitta.org.au/documents/item/411  and it looks so exciting I might cancel some of my sessions and go to these . I am thinking of lessons on deployment of 802.11n wireless standards, 1:1 learning programs, fundamentals of wireless deployment , Windows 7 solutions, Emerging technologies, IPv6 are we there yet ( check out the Green guide Bleeding Edge last week- we will exhaust all IPv4 addresses by June next year ), Interoperability of different systems by Daniel Ingvarson, and Virtualization for schools.  It is really awesome.

In addition , there is a nomination for technician of the year so you can consider if your technician deserves the award and if so nominate.

So , please come along to make these days worthwhile and sustainable for future conferences.

With thanks

Kevork Krozian
Digital Learning Manager
Forest Hill College