[Year 12 IT Apps] Keyboard Swipe and Security

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 18:54:08 EST 2010

Interesting .. here too.

The students rostered on support duties here do a key swipe on the HP PDA
units we use for FirstClass A+. They do this by repeatedly and very quickly
sliding their finger from left to right on the button row until the Windows
lite OS somehow gives up in frustration and exits to a start button, exiting
the user out of the core program and any other application. I didn't believe
it could happen until an exiting year 12 student showed me. Thankfully all
they have been doing is playing the game jaw breaker. I hear this isnt a
problem for the iPod version that we will move onto next.

Regards Roland

PS: I was less kind when I managed shell out of a store that was running an
insecure Windows lite system for price checks. I caused no damage but left
some nice folders on their network called "please secure me".

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au