[Year 12 IT Apps] Abracadabra! The magical disappearing task.

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Nov 1 15:48:54 EST 2010

I see your point, Paula, but the main distinction between the old and new
tasks (in terms of workload) seems to be the removal of the annotations,
which was never onerous anyway. Still, it's a step in the right direction.

I do appreciate the moves towards developing depth of knowledge rather than
skating over the surface to get everything out of the way in time (as we do
now.)  Removing project management was sensible; while it was (dare I say
it?) *fun*, it wasn't our *core* business.  (My kids always perked up when
we had PERT problems. Dunno why...)

The focus on depth is long overdue, and a satisfying return to the days of
CATs when true depth was attainable.

The choice of spreadsheets/databases is also warmly welcomed.  The chance to
exercise some choice never goes astray.

---

Eight days left until the exam!  I really, *really* hope it's the best one
ever. Please Santa.  That's *all* I want this year.