[Year 12 IT Apps] sac2

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu May 13 13:29:45 EST 2010

Not all things that are "givens" are necessarily understood by all,
especially the inexperienced.

Sometimes the bleedin' obvious to one person is less apparent to others.

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM, George Ciotti <
ciotti.george.w at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

>  it's still *your* responsibility to ensure that it fulfils the
> requirements
>

> I would have thought that was a given.
> The thread began with teachers with little experience in teaching this
> subject asking for a look at some of the SACs that have been used by other
> teachers with more experience. But the issue still remains that there are
> very few examples from which a newbie could learn from or even adapt if they
> had the time. Especially in ITA. Unless you pay for them. And even then,
> they may not be immediately suitable. Obviously teachers would like to see
> what has succeeded in someone else's class and perhaps use this or adapt it
> to one’s style. Adapting does take time and there is little time to waste in
> the preparation and understanding of what you will be handing to your
> students. I am not sure that this is asking too much in the greater scheme
> of things. New teachers need more assistance that’s all. And even
> experienced teachers could sometimes do with a fresh approach and this may
> come from a new teacher’s interpretation or adaptation of a used SAC.
> In some senses, one would think that experienced teachers had a
> responsibility in keeping this subject alive and fresh, given the enormous
> possibilities that present themselves within the current ITC climate. And as
> far as fulfilling the requirements of the study design then I would also say
> that VITTA probably has a role to play here in vetting resources offered on
> its website, which I am sure they do. Just that they don’t seem to have that
> many examples of the current SAC.

School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the
trap.