[Year 12 IT Apps] Study design - legislation

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Tue Mar 30 08:08:31 EST 2010

Hi, Bill and Roland,

I can recommend the MEd(ICT) at Melbourne, some great people and interactions
and a chance to reflect and question some pet theories and assumptions. I had
one gripe though and this will set the cat among the pigeons; online delivery
of some courses. One course, that focussed on comparison of Web-based Learning
Content Systems was entirely on-line. well, of course and entirely appropriate,
I hear you respond. Well, maybe not, I reply. I spend a huge amount of each
working day peering into screens and quite frankly when I do an advanced course
I want to talk with my fellow conspiraors.

Blogs and lists and fora are OK, and a great adjunct for ongoing projects but
for this little black duck they do not allow the realtime sensations of "Ah
hah", "... ok ..." or even a smug "Gotcha!!!" and the shared coffee and ideas.
I had to discontinue that course, my eyes can take just so much phosphor.

Laurie

BTW: I've been lurking longer than usual, our school is a chaotic building site
at the moment and the builders keep on finding new ways of bring our network
and power supply down around our ears!

Just recently, on Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 01:31:04AM +1100  in fact, Bill Oldham mentioned:

--
Laurie Savage