[Year 12 IT Apps] IT Apps study design

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Sun Mar 28 18:03:53 EST 2010

Thanks for the ameliorative words, Adrian.

I'm regret that my finger-wagging moderator's response came after your
second post: I work though emails from oldest to newest and respond in
revserse-chronological order.  I may need to start reading them *all* before
I start responding to any. Curse this asynchronous virtual team medium!  At
least VT is off the agenda in the new study design.

In a similar vein, I get 2 newspapers each day and rarely get to read them
until ages later... in fact I'm really getting worried that unless we do
something soon, Malcolm Fraser might get Gough thrown out.

For those out there who are feeling worked up as they write emails: a good
tip is to save the email as a draft and leave it for an hour before coming
back and deciding whether to send it or not...

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Janson, Adrian A <
janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

>  Hi Robert and others,
>
> Robert - you raise a good point - my language was a little strong and for
> that I do apologise (and also would have been better off-list).  I want to
> categorically state that feedback and discussion is very important and I
> (personally) want to encourage that as much as I possibly can.  Discussion
> of the study design only furthers all of our understanding of it.
>
> It's just that it frustrates me when comments like this are made off the
> cuff without the right basis.  I also think that discussion should be
> phrased in the right way - positively - rather than negatively.  That is, 'I
> notice that cloud computing is in the study but I am not sure what the
> context is?  Can someone clarify this for me?'.  This would be a fair way to
> start the discussion rather than saying that there is an omission and
> implying that no research was done into the topic.  I think that there are
> some dangers in taking summary documents (such as the one that Mark Kelly
> has created) and using these are a basis for understanding of the study.
> The study needs to be read in the context of the key knowledge and key
> skills - Mark's summary is a great tool and should serve as a start only.
>
> I think I am a little sensitive to this knowing how much work has gone into
> the study and the efforts that VCAA have gone to to involve everyone in the
> process.  The study design is really looking exciting - I can't wait to
> teach it!
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian

> and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early Childhood
> Development.

School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au