[Year 12 IT Apps] Splash Screen in Access 07

Brett Groves groves.brett.g at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Mar 15 21:51:31 EST 2010

Hi Jock,

If by splash screen you mean a form that opens as like a master form (ie
a switchboard) then create the form anyhow you want and go to the
ridiculous Windows symbol in the top left corner of the toolbar and
select Access options then 'this database' and one of the options is to
select a form to open when the database initialises. Select the form you
have just made and there you go.
You can remove the navigation bars and the min/max by changing the form
properties and hide the navigation pane by default in Access options if
you wish. Users then have little choice but to enter the DB through your
front form/splash screen, whatever you want to call it.

Hope this helps

Brett Groves