[Year 12 IT Apps] Sample Data for Database

Mike Brookes mikebr at tpg.com.au
Tue Mar 9 17:44:12 EST 2010

At the risk of playing devil's advocate, why do you need to provide data
in the first place?
In particular, giving them data which has already been split into tables
prevents them from demonstrating skills in designing the table structure
of a relational database.
The students are required to generate data to test that the database
works properly so you don't need to provide any.
If you wanted to provide a set of data to make it easy to check output
then the data should be in a single spreadsheet and include some
irrelevant and invalid data.

Mike Brookes
Chief cook and bottlewasher Copperfield College