[Year 12 IT Apps] Learn PHP and MySQL to make useful websites andsupport your students

Robert robert at yinnar.com
Sun Feb 7 17:02:34 EST 2010

Hi Roland,

I was not trying to "have a go" at VITTA about the cost of PD.

I had two main points:

1. The way PD is offered and how this affects "country folk".

2. The basic cost of PD. Anything out of school is so expensive. Even as a full time teacher I could not afford to be a member of all three of MAV, VITTA and STAV. Now I am semi-retired :-(  How the hell can I, or others such as CRTs, contract teachers, teachers on family leave, afford PD at this cost level to retain our VIT registration? Perhaps the government should put more funding in for PD?

Robert Hind (Semi-retired)
Ashwood and Traralgon
robert at yinnar.com