[Year 12 IT Apps] Question on critical path

ken price kenjprice at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:17:25 EST 2009

Great example and inadvertent pun Roland.

Somewhere I have a good critical path example created by a student, based on
the complex task of her family getting ready for work/school on time each
morning.

Bathrooms and showers were on the critical path, her brother insisted on a
later alarm setting but ate breakfast quicker and didn't need to apply
makeup, etc .  The model even had a branch - if the various children were
not all ready by the time Mum left for work in the city, they could travel
with Dad who left for work later but would need to detour to the school,
thus changing the conditions for him to arrive on time.

It may be sibling rivalry, but the student managed to set up so her brother
was "legitimately" the reason for her lateness. The brother disputed the
model...

I'll see if I can find it - if not, perhaps your students can invent their
own version.

Ken.
DoE Tasmania and TASITE www.tasite.tas.edu.au