[Year 12 IT Apps] Those email "footnotes"

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 01:24:37 EST 2009

Thanks Ken .. I quite agree that most of these disclaimers probably
originate from the cover page used by fax machines on the oft chance that
somebody posted a fax to the wrong location. Their inclusion has more to do
with misguided legal advice than any good business practice. If a warning
and disclaimer was really so important, put it at the top of the message. If
a message was so full of trade secrets, don't send it by e-mail. If all our
communication should be framed this way, the it should be read it out aloud
at the start of every phone call.

Instead of the legal mouthful of bran that some make us chew through, I much
rather the time when a message tagline was generally a wimsical moment of
reflection or a chance to show off your ASCII art in four lines. In so
doing, our  e-mail messages are thus framed with a little bookend and
signature that helps to captures the life that spills from our words.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au