[Year 12 IT Apps] VISTA and your school

ken price kenjprice at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:01:45 EST 2009

For what it's worth, a while back Harvey Norman had some laptops
reduced to $499.from about $800

I asked what was wrong with them

The store guy told me that they had Vista preinstalled and only 1G of
RAM. They ran really slowly with any decent application unless you
upgraded the RAM. HN were stuck with a warehouse full of them. So  -
discount time.

A few people here bought them, installed XP (bit of a hassle getting
some drivers apparently) and they ran brilliantly.

So perhaps the hardware requirements for decent performance make XP
look a better proposition for many schools at this stage?

Ken Price TASITE Tasmania.