[Year 12 IT Apps] Swinburne ICT Curriculum Enrichment Programs

Robert Mercer rmercer at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Tue Mar 3 11:25:37 EST 2009

Hello IT Teachers,

Recently you may have received our new 2009  Secondary School Curriculum Enrichment Program guide in the mail.  If you haven't received the guide in the mail details of the 2009 programs can be found on the following website:

http://www.swin.edu.au/ict/schools/

The education programs that ran last year were a great success for all that were involved.  Over 700 VCE students attended these workshops and the feedback we received was very positive.  Thank you to all the schools that attended I know how tricky it can be sometimes organising an excursion.

The ICT programs running this year include the IT Applications Day and the Software Development day, as well as the Year 10 and 11 High Achievers Day. We will also be running similar programs relating to the Business Management (Unit 3 & 4) curriculum and Physics (Unit 3 & 4) curriculum. These programs will be held around June and July. (Please note all programs are free and lunch is provided.)

In addition to these on-campus workshops we are also offering a range of curriculum and careers related presentations that can be delivered  to students at your school  (please see the guide for further details).

The SwinGame 09 Games Design competition will commence shortly.   The competition is open to all Secondary School students from every year levels this year. Don't forget to check out the site for more details and to register or send me an email if you have any questions.

Regards,

Rob Mercer
ICT Outreach - Project Officer
Faculty of Information & Communication Technologies
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218
Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia

PH:  +61 3 9214 8768