[Year 12 IT Apps] OT - Ultranet news

Ross Algie ralgie at mcmedia.com.au
Wed Jul 29 19:29:12 EST 2009

Burke's Law: When you mix politics with education (i.e.) educational
bureaucracy, you're usually going to get something expensive and half-baked.
Someone gets to tick some boxes (Geez I'm good!), some consultants make a
truckload, some 'aspiration goals' are met, the end user is left wondering,
and the public is fed spin (what would they know anyway?)... after all it
all makes good copy in the tabloids.
Come on, it's only 60 mill. Yes, it could have been bought packaged off the
shelf at a fraction of the cost (like a transport ticketing system), but
really - where's the fun in that?
Let's just be thankful that, whilst we're dealing with silly people, (I
often confuse them with those readers of 'Better Homes and Gardens' who
actually take it seriously), they're really not malicious. [Was Basil Faulty
malicious?] Alas, they'd find planting pansy's a real task as well.
Cheers punters

Ross Algie
Mooroopna Secondary College
PS: I'm not as cynical as Edmund