[Year 12 IT Apps] Course Outline

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Thu Dec 17 12:40:35 EST 2009

http://vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/studies/infotech/infotechindex.html

Hi Andrew.
Is this your first year taking ITApps? If so, its important to know that at the end of 2010, the new study design kicks in as of 2011 which has a slightly different approach.

Presently, the above link will get you to the most appropriate start point for 'what to teach'.

Another resource is www.VCEIT.com  unofficially known as the IT teachers bible on these lists. Its Mark Kelly's McKinnon SC site and has most of your needs.
As for outcomes.
Unit 3
OC1 Database
OC2 Prototype Web site
Unit 4
OC1 Spreadsheet based problems
OC2 Computer security based topic. Usually done by a test or assignment.

QAT and a few other providers have commercially written outcomes (Mark does these). Some other providers are out there too.

Often, we listers will post ours too.

hmmm,
course outline...
For starters..I have attached a unit3 planner which you can modify if ya like! (just change the dates...no probs)

My main docs are on the school network and I cant access my own folder from home, so I just happen to have the file above. Also have the QAT's, but sorry, ya gotta pay for those (I dont want to upset people again by sharing purchased resources...) They are worth buying though!

Hope this helps.
happy hunting(errr planning) mate.

Kent.

Kent Beveridge, St. Brigids CSC, Horsham. Ph (03) 5382 3545 http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/ email: kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au "This email and any attachments may be confidential. You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies. The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free. The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."