[Year 12 IT Apps] RE: Tech support summary...

O'Grady, Liam A o'grady.liam.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Apr 30 18:16:28 EST 2009

Hi Everyone,

Yes indeed to a summary. I'll give it another week before collating.
Obviously won't be definitive but will hopefully give us a starting
point for discussions and creative ways of managing support.

I really should have included my stats in that first email so I've put
them below too

1.       How many IT support technicians you have? 1.5

2.       How many students? 864

3.       How many computers? 250 desktops + approx 100 staff laptops -
Rudd money will add over 100 more computers.

4.       How many different technologies your technicians support -
Intranet server running on IIS and SQL server 2005, Webserver running
Joomla on IIS, Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5 (Macs are staff
only), Windows domain, proxy server, wireless network server (eduPass),
library catalogue (Destiny) a range of paid and opensource software in
computer labs, Qwizdom devices, CASES server

Thank-you

Liam

Liam O'Grady

ICT Coordinator and Teacher (Maths and IT)

Brunswick Secondary College

Dawson St, Brunswick 3056

School Reception: 9387-6133

Email: o'grady.liam.a at edumail.vic.gov.au