[Year 12 IT Apps] OT:Parent Teacher Int's

TJ tony at star.melb.catholic.edu.au
Thu Apr 23 08:11:48 EST 2009

Litsa,

We used PTO at Star for the 1st time last year.

Great feedback from parents giving them the control over managing
appointments rather than relying on their children on making them.

What we may consider in the future (if it's at all possible or practical) is
staggering the process in favour of VCE students so that they may get a day
or two head start on bookings before "eager beaver" Year 7 parents/students
monopolise interview times.

That ability of teachers prioritising bookings is lost unfortunately and
difficult to implement on-line given the short time frame we have from
opening bookings to actual interviews. We opened bookings Tuesday 21 April
and our interviews are next week also (Wed & Thurs).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

TJ