[Year 12 IT Apps] Requests from the list moderator

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Sep 4 09:20:42 EST 2008

Hi all.  A couple of points to consider...

1.  If you dramatically change the topic of a discussion thread, please
adjust the message subject accordingly.  This avoids confusing messages
with subject "X" talking about issue "Y".

2.  When replying to messages, please trim excess text from the thread.
   For example I usually remove repetitions of the edulist footers, and
my own repeated signatures; I just leave enough to identify myself.  I
also remove old parts of the thread that are now irrelevant to the
subject (see point 1 above).  Doing this will help stop posts from
growing like Topsy as more and more people add to them.

3.  Oh - and as always, please stay on topic.  A single OT message here
or there is not a problem, but lengthy debates do annoy subscribers who
are here for ITA content.  There are many other edulists to use for
extended off-topic matters.

Cheers
MArk

kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085 Fax +613 9578 9253

I worship the ground you walk on, because I like grounds.  You, I'm not
so keen on.