[Year 12 IT Apps] Game Maker tutorials

Robyn Dunn robyn at camhigh.vic.edu.au
Wed Sep 3 11:38:30 EST 2008

This is a copy of an email sent to the list last year about gamemaker. I hope it's OK to re-send it here Graham? I have others if people want them. The book "The Gamemakers Apprentice" is a great resource also. Can't tell you the publisher at the moment as I have lent it to another staff member.

All the suff you need to get started is on Mark Overmar's site

http://www.gamemaker.nl/index.html

I used it last semester with a year 9/10 group and the kids loved it.

It was the first time in 25 years of teaching IT that I was behind a
number of the kids.

Supposedly if you register there's more stuff available.

I started with the Chase the Clown task which is fully explained and
then worked thro' the Maze games and Shooter games.

The instructions for these are not fully explained and you need to
download the various stages to see how to complete the tasks.

Tony Forster (?) is the expert. Go to the VITTA site for a copy of a
session he ran at the conf last year.

Graham Travers

Oberon High School

Ms Robyn Dunn
Director of elearning
Camberwell High School
email: du at camhigh.vic.edu.au
phone: 98360555
fax: 98360194
Please consider carefully before printing this email.

>>> "Attard, Martin P" <attard.martin.p at edumail.vic.gov.au> 3/09/2008 11:17 am >>>
Matt, sorry I can't help you, but I've heard about Gamemaker, is GM
7Lite is that for free and where do you get it from? Thank you

Mr. Martin Attard
Kurunjang Secondary College
Kurunjang Drive
PO Box 598
Melton  3337, Victoria, Australia
Ph: (03)97439211 (w)
Fax: (03)97478495 (w)
email: attard.martin.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Disclaimer
This message, including any attachments, is provided without
responsibility in law for its accuracy or otherwise and without
assumption of a duty of care by the School.
Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure material in this e-mail
message is free from computer viruses or other defects, the attached
files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user
assumes all responsibility for use of the material transmitted.
This e-mail is intended for the use of the named individual or entity
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
dissemination, distribution or copying by anyone other than the intended
recipient of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been
received in error, then please notify Kurunjang Secondary College
immediately
and destroy the original message.