[Year 12 IT Apps] Weirder and weirder...

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Oct 27 12:43:24 EST 2008

"A 43-year-old Japanese woman, angry over a sudden divorce in the
virtual online game Maple Story, has been arrested on suspicion of
hacking into the game where she killed her once-virtual husband,
authorities said.

Authorities said the Miyazaki woman illegally accessed the game with a
password she hijacked from a colleague. That made it appear as if her
coworker committed the online murder.

According to The Associated Press, the woman told police: "I was
suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry."

The hacking allegation carries a maximum five-year prison term."

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/10/woman-arrested.html

Direct line: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax   +613 9578 9253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

Moderator: ITA Mailing List

Some days you're the pigeon.  Some days you're the statue.