[Year 12 IT Apps] Pay Deal

Brian Lennon blennon at paradigm4.com.au
Wed May 21 18:08:58 EST 2008

Yes Allen

We had an AEU rep out to our school to talk about the agreement. She
told us that the AEU accepted the Brumby government's figure of 3%
inflation this year (a few days before her visit the Reserve Bank had
published its figure of 4.5%)  and 2% the next few years - (the Reserve
has said that it expects inflation for the next to at least to be above
3%). Why a union negotiator would accept the employer's figures over the
official Reserve Bank rates is totally incomprehensible to me. IF they
are fair dinkum in representing us, that is.

I've set up a discussion board for Victorian Teachers at
http://victorianteachersforum.mybb3.org/
<https://www.edumail.vic.gov.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://www.edumail.vic.gov.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://victorianteachersforum.mybb3.org/> .
I think we all need to talk about this in a non-fragmented way. Feel
free to register there, post your comments, and /_please_/ pass this
info on to other teachers in other schools who might be interested in
reading and/or joining a discussion. If someone in any particular school
emails it to DL /yourschool/  it should go to everyone in their
own school. This email needs to be passed on quickly to get enough
coverage of Victorian teachers to form a serious debate about what to do
with this proposed 2008 agreement.

Brian Lennon