[Year 12 IT Apps] Pay Deal

Brian Lennon blennon at paradigm4.com.au
Wed May 21 17:48:29 EST 2008

I thought that this might be interesting to people. It's from a Sunday
Age article comparing Vic and NSW pay scales and the gaps. The link to
the article online is below the table.

Years teaching
.....Victoria ..... NSW ..Gap

1st $51,184 $50,522 +$662

2nd $51,584 $53,121 -$1537

3rd $51,584* $55,726 -$4142

4th $52,643* $58,331 -$5688

5th $55,686* $60,933 -$5247

6th $57,273* $63,536 -$6263

7th $58,906 * $66,137 -$7231

8th $60,585* $68,744 -$8159

9th $62,312* $75,352 -$13,040

10th $64,554 $75,352 -$10798

11th $66,556 $75,352 -$8796

12th $68,619* $75,352 -$6733

13th $75,500* $75,352 +$148

The article itself can be read here

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/teacher-wage-rise-slap-in-face/2008/05/17/1210765260640.html

To further get some light and thoughts on all this, I've set up a
discussion board for Victorian Teachers at
http://victorianteachersforum.mybb3.org/
<https://www.edumail.vic.gov.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://www.edumail.vic.gov.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://victorianteachersforum.mybb3.org/> . After
all the talk of wage parity with NSW teachers, and the lack of publicity
on the real outcomes of the agreement, I felt that people probably
needed to discuss the issues somewhat more widely than in their
individual staffrooms. I have posted the Age article from last Sunday
giving the comparisons with NSW for different year levels - one is more
than $13000 less than NSW counterparts. I just think that this needs
some real debate among all teachers in Victorian schools and the AEU has
not provided such a forum.

Feel free to register there, post your comments, and /_please_/
pass this on to other teachers in other schools who might be interested
in reading and/or joining a discussion. If someone in any particular
school emails it to DL /yourschool/  it should go to everyone in their
own school. This email needs to be passed on quickly to get enough
coverage of Victorian teachers to form a serious debate about what to do
with this proposed 2008 agreement.

Brian