[Year 12 IT Apps] o/t: Gov/AEU Agreement

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw.andrew.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed May 7 15:44:02 EST 2008

Re: [Year 12 IT Apps] o/t: Gov/AEU Agreementjanet

i do not begrudge the pay rise that expert teachers are getting, nor am i accusing anyone of not working hard enough

i am objecting to the fact that most teachers have won nothing from the campaign - we have been given the 3.25% that the government offered on the first place whilst giving up some conditions

all teachers should be rewarded, not just those at the top

also, let us not kid ourselves that 3.25% is a pay rise - it is about 1% less than inflation which means that the value of our career structure will continue to erode

andrew grimshaw
colac secondary college