[Year 12 IT Apps] Re: www.vit.pdi.vic.edu.au

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri May 2 08:19:09 EST 2008

Sorry Stephen,

This approach by the VIT is very Web1.0  and could have been resolved this
with a mashup using much less effort and the same outcome .. we don't need
yet another portal or online database for overworked subject association
staff to work over to register new courses. Here is some background
information if anybody wants to brush up on this technology.
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mashup_(web_application_hybrid)
     http://computer.howstuffworks.com/web-30.htm/printable

I enjoy spotting the mashups already in use with YouTube, Facebook, Amazon
and mobile phones. Some of this technology will be built into the new VITTA
website under construction. In case some of you are rolling your eyes, start
contemplating what might be meant by Web4.0 ;-)

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au