[Year 12 IT Apps] 'Computers Off Australia'

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Mon Jun 30 21:20:44 EST 2008

Hi all,

The Computers Off Australia campaign was launched in Sydney today ..

   http://www.computersoffaustralia.org/

'By turning off your PC overnight, you will save as much energy as it takes

     *          to run a clock radio for over 3 weeks
     *          to make over 20 bags of microwave popcorn
     *          to wash over 1 load of washing
     *          to blow dry your hair over 12 times
     *          to vacuum for over 1 hour
     *          to light a 60 watt light bulb for more than 17 hours

. and you will save approximately 100 kgs of brown coal being incinerated'

& what we can do right now, is activate, or green-up, our Power Management:

Activate etc power management on Macs:
http://www.computersoffaustralia.org/display.asp?id=20

Activate etc power management with XP:
http://www.computersoffaustralia.org/display.asp?id=21

Activate etc power management with Vista:
http://www.computersoffaustralia.org/display.asp?id=22

Activate etc power management on Windows server:
http://www.computersoffaustralia.org/display.asp?id=23
--

Cheers, Tom
Stephen Loosley