[Year 12 IT Apps] Barcodes for mobile phones

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jun 24 20:33:09 EST 2008

Regarding Datamatrix codes, Nathan writes,

> Many mobile phones can run software that can decode Datamatrix barcodes
> using the camera built into the phone.  My fancy Nokia N95 has software
> already installed in it but it is available for download for other Nokia
> models and also many other models of phone.
>
> Datamatrix codes are popping up on some products and posters around the
> place and contain information such as URLs, phone numbers, or address
> details for businesses, etc.  Some people are putting them on business
> cards for example so that the recipient would capture the phone number
> straight into their phone.

Seems like Datamatrix barcodes for mobile phones may become ubiquitous?

They have up to 250 characters of text etc at free online-code-generators
(eg: http://datamatrix.kaywa.com) and all phone companies seem to support
code-readers far as one can see?  A convenient way to acquire information.

Eg: http://www.semapedia.org

Cheers Nathan
Stephen Loosley
Victoria Australia

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server