[Year 12 IT Apps] Parallel thinking

Jock Garnsworthy jock at willihigh.vic.edu.au
Tue Jun 17 17:37:07 EST 2008

If you think about it, there is no choice !
I converted to mac in the last rollout cos I got a free Ipod ­ still going
strong.
Best marketing strategy for yonks.
Apple have it all covered.
Best of all worlds.
Have used Virtual PC for markbook, access and VB. YUK very slow and clunky.
Now with Parallels who can argue !

Can¹t wait for the rollout to actually happen.

Cheers,

Jock
__________________________
Jock Garnsworthy
Pasco St.
Williamstown High School
(03)93971899

On 17/6/08 4:28 PM, "Russo, Frank R" <Russo.Frank.R at edumail.vic.gov.au>
wrote:

> I have always taught on Windows PC¹s and have only been exposed to iMAC in the
> classroom this year I do remember teaching databases on an Apple IIe but that
> was many moons ago.
>
> I have always opted for the Apple option with the Laptop Program and have had
> no problems being able to do everything I have needed to except for Visual
> Basic.
>
> Now with Parallels even that will be taken care of.
>
> Welcome to the club !!!
>
> As my schools Notebook Rep there seems to be a swing amongst staff over to
> Apple (especially those whose Thinkpad died on a monthly basis)
>

> Frank Russo
> ICT ~ Teaching & Learning
> Monterey Secondary College

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of Williamstown High School.