[Year 12 IT Apps] [OT] 'Ruddy' Computers

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jul 22 13:48:39 EST 2008

Yes, but that doesn't help a lot.
Lappies require even more tech support than desktops.
They need expensive COWs or other storage/recharging facilities.
We have to use data points and cables because DEECD WAPs don't support
load sharing, so large-group use of wireless is out.

We are actively moving away from laptop sets for classroom use for a
variety of reasons.