[Year 12 IT Apps] Exam statistics

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Dec 17 13:12:31 EST 2008

I just got the 2008 exam stats for my kids and the state from my VASS
person.  Interesting results...

Section A - average result for the state was 74%
Section B - average result for the state was 48%

To my way of thinking, it reinforces the gut feeling that section A was
far too easy and probably not too effective in distinguishing the top
kids from bottom kids.  Section B was far tougher - too tough for the
state, it seems.

Anyway, it's quite useful to get your stats from your VASS person and
step through the questions to see where your kids either shone or
collapsed.  You can use that to fine-tune your teaching of those
different topics next year.

What I can't understand is why only 88% of my kids got multichoice Q2
right (the copyright question) compared to the state average of 92%.  It
was the ONLY question where the state average beat them - and it was the
most OBVIOUS question of the whole exam.  This is really going to bug me
now...

Happyjollies to you all.

School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

Most people don't realise that small kitchen sponges, when nailed to the
forehead, can really REALLY hurt.