[Year 12 IT Apps] RE: Google docs issue

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 13:54:55 EST 2008

If we think of schools as small businesses, we forget their welfare / people
and family focus and run into the danger of thinking them as just a
commercial baby-sitting and training institution.

I once heard it said that schools are cultural reproducers ..they are small
versions of the very same community outside .. complete with all the
tensions, spectrum of opinions and forces that shift and shuffle views. With
this model and considering the educational focus that we expect them to
have, it would make sense for your IT technician manager to refer the
teachers to at teacher / eLearning coordinator to handle the interpretation
and decision making.

No offense but the buck has to stop somewhere and it is best if we do it
within the scope and direction of a skilled educator. Of course it would be
a foolish coordinator who didn't take the views of their IT staff into
consideration. Teacher - Librarians went down this path around a decade ago
with their area in a school.

Regarsd Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au