[Year 12 IT Apps] Off Topic Excel Question

jslynn at optusnet.com.au jslynn at optusnet.com.au
Tue May 29 20:03:57 EST 2007

Hi Diane.

Try this in an Excel cell: type in the first figure of 122.45 (seconds). Divide by 60 to get 2.040833 (minutes). Format the cell to time using the 13:30:55 format. Divide by a further 24 to get this back to minutes.

This appears to alter the tenths of seconds - so it's not quite correct but it comes close to what your colleague needs. You might have to truncate the decimal fraction of the seconds then re-add them after the other operations but I haven't tried this.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jeff Lynn,
Yeshivah and Beth Rivkah Colleges.