[Year 12 IT Apps] VB installs..still stumped

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri May 25 18:37:07 EST 2007

For me, the solution was to revert to VB6...

Andrew Grimshaw wrote:
> sounds great - but what was the solution to the install problem?
>
> we're still stuck and unit 4 outcome 1 is comning up fast
>
> andrew girmshaw
> colac college
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Charmaine Taylor"
> <tigeroz at alphalink.com.au>
> <itapps at edulists.com.au>
> Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:26 PM
> Subject: Re: [Year 12 IT Apps] VB installs..
>

>> We had trouble installing VB.net express too but my 17 year old
>> student solved the problem!
>> Then when he started saving files, we had another problem - the next
>> time he ran the program, VB.NET locked up. He solved that one too!
>> He reckons by the end of the year he'll have solved all the problems
>> so I will have no trouble with it next year after he's gone. Is he an
>> optimist or what?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Charmaine Taylor
>> Sunbury Downs College
>>

>> Adrian Janson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>

>>> We have had no problems with installation of VB.net express at all.
>>> I would
>>> be happy for your technicians to contact ours at
>>> pathmana at mhs.vic.edu.au for
>>> advice.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Adrian
>>>

>>> Adrian Janson
>>>
>>> VITTA President
>>>
>>> Director of ICT
>>>
>>> Melbourne High School
>>>
>>> Forrest Hill, South Yarra
>>>
>>> p: (03) 9826 0711
>>>
>>> f: (03) 9826 8767
>>>
>>> e: jansona at mhs.vic.edu.au
>>>
>>> www.mhs.vic.edu.au
>>>

>>> IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If
>>> received
>>> in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or
>>> using
>>> attachments, check them for viruses and defects.  Regardless of any
>>> loss,
>>> damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or
>>> not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached
>>> files our
>>> liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any
>>> representations or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
>>> individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of
>>> Education
>>> & Training.
>>>

>>>  _____

School Phone +613 8520 9000 << new number!
School Fax   +613 9578 9253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

Moderator: IPM Mailing List

"My mother used to say to me,
'In this world you must be O so smart or O so pleasant.'
I recommend pleasant.  You may quote me."  Harvey, 1950.