[Year 12 IT Apps] VB express installation

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Tue May 22 09:24:48 EST 2007

Hi Andrew,

 Just redirecting this to the technical discussion list...
 An internet connection is not needed for the install, not as far as
our installation was concerned.
A connection to the Microsoft MSDN server may run after the install and
this is optional.
 So, why is an internet connection being used for the install ?

Regards

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
http://www.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mobile: 0419 356 034

>>> grimshaw.andrew.j at edumail.vic.gov.au 21/05/2007 6:58 pm >>>
hi

my technician and I are having trouble installing VB 2005 express
edition on our classroom computers

i installed it on my laptop and have been learning it myself in order
to teach it to the yr 11s

my technician tried to install it onto the classroom comptuers but it
wasnt able to make the internet connection it needed to do the install -
we couldnt figure out why

has any1 else had similar problems? if so, how did u overcome it?

thx in advance

andrew grimshaw
colac college