[Year 12 IT Apps] Dreamweaver & U3 O2

Trish Cotter tcotter at koonung.vic.edu.au
Mon May 7 08:44:48 EST 2007

Dear Antonia;

Thank you for all the work you have done on this. I especially like the
planning and thinking part.

Just one thing for discussion.. I know that we have discussed meta tags
before and at the risk of starting another heated discussion, I just
wanted to discuss the difference between the "title" of the page and the
file name of the page in dreamweaver or frontpage for that matter.

You have put that they should put "index" in the title. This is actually
not necessary as this is the meta tag that goes in the header. It should
contain information about the organisation that could be picked up by
search engines. The file name however should be "index" and I usually have
a discussion about this difference with the students - no spaces etc.

Hope this makes sense

Regards,
Trish Cotter
Koonung Secondary College