[Year 12 IT Apps] Re: [Yr11 Information Technology] Re: the new syllabus and some general comments

Robyn Dunn robyn at camhigh.vic.edu.au
Thu Jun 21 11:40:31 EST 2007

Me too!!!

Ms Robyn Dunn
ICT Co-Ordinator
Camberwell High School
email: du at camhigh.vic.edu.au
phone: 98360555
fax: 98360194
Please consider carefully before printing this email.

>>> fiona bain<fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au> 21/06/2007 10:27:47 am >>>

Not sure who to make this feedback, nor whether it was just me who
encountered this problem with Unit 1.  I ran out of time.  I took so long
with the database and the original web page/publication for outcome 2 that
outcome 3 will need to be finished in the first week of next term.

Perhaps I made the mistake of having a web page for outcome 2 and should
have used some other form of publication?

Unit 3 worked much better for us because it dropped down to 2 outcomes,
although my students (one of whom is very pedantic) struggled with making
a proto-type - he wanted the real deal nor could he see the logic of
putting the networking part with the web site (dont think he was alone
there).

Anyway I just thought this was a good time to find out how others felt and
perhaps pass the message on up the line (unless it was just me being more
disorganised than usual!). This will be the last thing I get involved
with, I think, as I finish teaching IT next Friday.  I am off to Brunei in
August to teach Business Studies.

I have used this list daily for the last 7 years and, without it, would
never have coped.  I just want to say a huge big thanks to everyone who
posts.  Keep up the great work. In Scotland, where I am originally from,
they have a saying - lang may yer lum reek - may you always have coal in
your fireplace - or may you always have good fortune

--
Fiona Bain, Balmoral High School