[Year 12 IT Apps] [Yr11 Information Technology] Re: the new syllabus and some general comments

Thomas, Caroline M thomas.caroline.m at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Jun 21 10:48:12 EST 2007

Fiona
I could not agree more with your comments on the amount of material to be co=
vered on the study design in Unit 1.  The theory load and the practical requ=
irements as well as teaching the skills meant that shortcuts on the amount o=
f practice time had to be taken and hence the time that the students needed=
 was not what it should have been to allow thorough skill development. It wa=
s a constant struggle to try to cover all the curriculum.  I can't comment a=
bout ITA as we are not running it this year.

Regards

Caroline Thomas

Baimbridge College, Hamilton
85 Stephen Street