[Year 12 IT Apps] Geography teacher needs help -- please consider ..

mail.edulists.com.au kevork at edulists.com.au
Tue Jun 5 22:29:59 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

  As IT teachers we are used to extending a helping hand across all learning areas right ?
Well a Geography teacher is in need of some assistance. Here is her email :

"Dear Kevork,
 I am a teacher at Penola Catholic College and have been recently made aware of your mailing list.I came across the Geography resources area and have found that it is password protected.Is there any way that I may have access to this area as I am teaching Geography to year 11s for my first time and I'm in need of writing an exam and would like a template.

If you could help, I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Jacqueline Carter
jcarter at penola.melb.catholic.edu.au  "

Familiar theme , only another learning area.

The trouble is the geography mailing list is only in its infancy with no resources, and needs to be given a profile for teachers to use it.

We don't offer geography at my school so I can't seek help there, but you may either teach that subject or have a colleague who may teach that subject.
May I suggest the following :
 1) Rather than email Jacqueline directly ask your colleague(s) to subscribe to the list
 2) Offer any help through the list so that all teachers can use it as a contact point to help each other.
 3) I have already asked Jacqueline to join the list in anticipation of some of you or your colleagues meeting her on line there.

Put yourself in Jacqueline's position for a moment and consider the stress she must be feeling, and please help out.

With thanks
Kevork Krozian
Edulists Creator and Administrator
www.edulists.com.au