[Year 12 IT Apps] Resources and such...

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Jul 25 15:57:02 EST 2007

Hi all,

I wanted to add my 2c worth to the current discussion..

I think that these lists are all about supporting each other - and sometimes
that involves contributing material, sometimes that involves responding to
questions or giving advice.  Sometimes that advice is related to commercial
products - which I have no problem with, as we all know that there are great
resources out there and any advice that we can get that points us to ones
that others have found useful is much appreciated.  I personally try to stop
short of plugging my own personal commercial resources, as I feel this
crosses a line.  I know that others who have their own resources also do
this.

I do often plug VITTA products (as it is my mission to do so), but I know
you all understand that VITTA products are made to help sustain VITTA as an
organisation!

I think the culture of these lists has developed to a point where many of us
are happy to post the resources we have created at face value.  Not many
other subject based communities would be so strong in this regard.  I would
like to encourage everyone (and especially those that have not yet posted
any of their work or resources to the list) to do so!  As a community, we
are always grateful!

And - lastly, from the perspective of someone who contributes to the lists
(as a whole) - please don't be shy about giving positive feedback on items
that are posted.  I know that sometimes when I post things, it seems like
they fall into a hole and I don't have any clue as to whether anyone has
found them useful or not..

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson

VITTA President

Director of ICT

Melbourne High School

Forrest Hill, South Yarra

p: (03) 9826 0711

f: (03) 9826 8767

e: jansona at mhs.vic.edu.au

www.mhs.vic.edu.au

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received
in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using
attachments, check them for viruses and defects.  Regardless of any loss,
damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or
not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our
liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any
representations or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education
& Training.

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education.