[Year 12 IT Apps] Edulists page not loading

SAMANTHA MITCHELL MITCHELLS at milsen.vic.edu.au
Fri Jul 20 16:32:29 EST 2007

I'm having trouble loading the http://www.edulists.com.au/ page - I can't see the 'tree'.
Is anyone else having this difficulty?
Thanks,
Samantha Mitchell
Mildura Senior College

________________________________

From: itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au on behalf of margaret.lawson at konstantkaos.net
Sent: Fri 20/07/2007 12:09 PM
To: opensource at edulists.com.au; yr7-10it at edulists.com.au; itapps at edulists.com.au; yr11it at edulists.com.au
Subject: [Year 12 IT Apps] [crossposted] September 15th is Software FreedomDay

A very excited Year 8 student reminded me today that we have to start
planning for Software Freedom Day in September and that this year the
T-shirts are lime green!

Last year our Year 7/8 Computer Club at St. Michael's planned the
celebration for the friday before SFD (this year it is the 14th
September):
* Students made an advertisement for SFD, with the Farnham song "Freedom".
* They presented their advertisement at assembly and spoke about SFD and
what OpenSource means.
* We had the Open CD and Ubuntu disks to hand out on the day (but this
year we are taking donations for a charity for DVD's).
* We also did a video stream from our multimedia room into the canteen
area where students demonstrated how easy it was to use Firefox,
OpenOffice, Gimp and Audacity.

We got T-shirts for the kids and had orange balloons to go with the colour
theme for the day. We celebrated SFD on the Friday before the *actual*
day.

Not sure what we will do this year, but the kids seem enthused!

International site: http://softwarefreedomday.org/
Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_Freedom_Day
Melbourne team page: http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/oceania/au/Melbourne

Regards