[Year 12 Its] VB.NEt Pricing

Brendan BASEGGIO Brend_B at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 6 09:28:36 EST 2006

Frank,

Just for your information, Visual Studio Express Editions are free forever.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/faq/

10. How much will these products cost?
Effective April 19th, 2006, all Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions are free permanently. This pricing covers all Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions including Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual C++, Visual J#, and Visual Web Developer as well as all localized versions of Visual Studio Express.

SQL Server 2005 Express Edition has always been and will continue to be a free download.

Regards,

======================================
Brendan Baseggio CCNA CCAI MCSE
Learning Technology Support
Forest Hill College 8724
Email: b.baseggio at fhc.vic.edu.au
Phone: 9814 9448
Mobile: 0425 786 935

And with that request, a piece of straw turns a camel into a paraplegic ...

>>> frankm at sjc.vic.edu.au 09/09/06 06:43pm >>>
Hello Colleagues,
We are in the budgeting phase for 2007. I am currently using vb.net express. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about pricing for priviate schools for vb.net whe I presume the express version is no longer free.

Currently, for our school to get vb.net we would have to purchase the full visual studio suite at just over $100 per license. has anyone delved into the MSDN Academic Alliance?

On another topic, how stable have people using vb,.net express found it on their student systems? In my class of 26 years 9/10 students, we find the product reasonably stable but some students get some strange system errors occasionally (strange I suppoose because of the cryptic way the application reports errors)...of course our system protection mechanisms would not have anything to do with that....would they...??

Regards,
	<mailto:is at edulists.com.au>

Frank Merlino
Technology Faculty Co-ordinator, Website manager
St. Joseph's College
Newtown, Geelong,
Victoria, Australia
Phone: 03 52268100