[Year 12 Its] Ideas for starting programming

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Nov 13 09:51:12 EST 2006

Hi all.  My SoD kids will probably be starting with zero programming
experience and I was tossing around ideas for a kick-off point.

So far I've thought of Microworlds (Logo) - they did in in year 7 so it
should be a warm and fuzzy reminder of their childhoods  :-)

And Lego Mindstorms - they can program cars and robots.

Then they might be ready to go to VB or similar.

What do you guys use to kickstart programming?

Mark

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000 << new number!
School Fax   +613 9578 9253

IPM Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

Doctor - We must all face reality sooner or later.
Dowd   - I wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy to
say I won out over it.  ('Harvey', 1950)