[Year 12 Its] VB.net student book

Frank Merlino frankm at sjc.vic.edu.au
Tue May 30 12:29:51 EST 2006

Thanks Allan!

-----Original Message-----
From: is-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:is-bounces at edulists.com.au]On Behalf Of Allan Barnes
Sent: Tuesday, 30 May 2006 12:05 PM
To: 'Year 12 Information Technology Systems Teachers' Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [Year 12 Its] VB.net student book

Hi Frank

I delivered VB6 as part of the IS course for a few years and have coursework material developed for it. I am putting it together into a separate publication so it can be used stand alone. It will mainly focus on the basics of programming plus using text files and databases with it, etc., rather than focussing on the gaming side of it, as in my opinion this is not the major intent of VB.

Section 1 of the book will focus on VB6, and section 2 will focus on using VB.NET 2005.  I intend to have it ready by August.

Kind regards

Allan Barnes, CEO
Australian Institute of Education and Training
Phone: (03) 9387 2051
FAX: (03) 9387 3470
E-mail: abarnes at aiet.com.au

  _____