[Year 12 Its] Re: [Technical] Help Please with Animation Output Format

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Tue May 23 21:19:46 EST 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 08:17:06PM +1000, Keith Richardson wrote:

> * 3D Animation (Kahootz but only for Primary and Junior), or Bryce or
> Maya - Kahootz as a .ktz file, Bryce or Maya as an .AVI

Keith,

I'm not into the animation scene, but I'm curious about the omission of
Blender3D, seeing how it's a powerful tool which is available for free on
all the platforms that students are likely to be using (Mac, Windows,
Linux.)

Is there something that Blender lacks, or facilities it can't provide? I
know it's a complex tool, but so is Maya.

 http://www.blender.org/

Cheers,

Con Zymaris

- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry cluster.)