[Year 12 Its] Ongoing misinformation about topology

a.hopkins at bcc.vic.edu.au a.hopkins at bcc.vic.edu.au
Thu Aug 17 11:11:15 EST 2006

Frank's comments strike a chord with me.  I came into computer teaching without
formal qualifications in the area, but having done programming out of personal
interest for perhaps twenty years.  The whole networking and hardware side of
things was not on my radar.  I have found the textbooks to be lacking in
clarity and concision.  I don't mind my students knowing more about networking
than I do, because some of them are acquiring that knowledge in very practical
ways.  But other students who aren't attuned to hardware aspects, and I myself,
could surely be served better by the textbooks we use.  When some time ago I
asked my techie about some of the explanations offered, he thought they were
pretty much irrelevant.

Alex Hopkins