[Year 12 Its] new Multi-campus connection

Frank Van Den Boom vandenboomfj at aquinas.vic.edu.au
Mon Oct 24 15:42:25 EST 2005

While this is not directly answering your question, I am just blown away by how rapidly this territory is changing at the moment. My personal experience to illustrate the point....
- 2 weeks ago, I was paying $50/mnth for a 256/64Kbps ADSL service and 24GB downloads
- For the same money, I am now on 1500/256 ADSL2 and 20GB downloads
- In the next couple of weeks, this will increase to "up to" 12Mbps ..... for the same money!!!!

Admitedly this deal is based on them (iiNet) providing phone services as well - but that costs the same as Telstra. But wait, there's more.... - free Voice over IP service with substantially lower call rates.

All of this makes it a bit harder for IS teachers to talk about typical LAN vs WAN speeds.....

Sorry - so amazed, I just had to share it.....
Frank