[Year 12 Its] new Multi-campus connection

Shane Mansfield s.mansfield at kds.vic.edu.au
Mon Oct 24 15:15:27 EST 2005

	Hi All,

	We are currently planning the IT needs of our new senior campus and will use the opportunity to upgrade our intr campus connections. I would love to hear advice from other multicampus schools on the following;

	*	What technology did you use to connect all of your campuses? obviously we need to go with the most cost effective WAN technology but balance this with futureproofing
	*	How did you determine your bandwidth requirements? how much is enough?
	*	Which provider did you go with? I know government schools have an arrangement with telstra over optic fibre
	*	If anyone is using Functional Solutions (Films) new e-library solution between campuses how much bandwidth is needed to effectively run this

	Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have had input from independent IT consultants but am keen to hear how various solutions are actually running over a multicampus.

	Thanks

	Shane Mansfield

	IT Coordinator

	The King David School