[Year 12 Its] ERP & SAP Programming Awards

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Tue May 31 17:17:45 EST 2005

Wikipedia explains all....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_Aktiengesellschaft

Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC

----- Original Message -----
From: "EARL, Kate" <kate.earl at igs.vic.edu.au>
<is at edulists.com.au>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 3:08 PM
Subject: RE: [Year 12 Its] ERP & SAP Programming Awards

> SAP is an ERP, but I am unsure what is meant by the ERP language?
>
> There are many ERPs out there (SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle Financials,
> Baan...)each with a slightly different programming language.
>
> SAP has its own proprietary language - ABAP. ABAP is similar to COBOL in
> syntax, and it is mainly used for business reporting and database
> functions.
>
> NOT an appealing language for schools to be teaching!
>
> Kate Earl
> Ivanhoe Grammar School

error, please advise the sender and delete it and any copies immediately;
> * Any personal information in this email must be used in accordance with
the Privacy Act 1988 and this always applies even if it has been sent to you
in error.
> * represents the views of the sender and does not necessarily represent
the views or formal advice of Ivanhoe Grammar School;
> * may be subject to Copyright, so no further use should be made of it
without the author's permission.

> The School does not represent or warrant that the email or any files
attached do not contain errors or are free from computer viruses or other
defects nor does it accept responsibility for any loss or damage resulting
directly or indirectly from the use of the email or any attached files.