[Year 12 Its] VB and Access Problem

Sam Gerges sgerges at samaritan.melb.catholic.edu.au
Tue May 31 15:07:47 EST 2005

Hi all,
I am sorry, I sent the same message to IPM list,
I typed IPM instead of IS, so sorry if you get the same message twice.

I am just wondering if there is someone who can help me in this issue.
There is an issue that I have found in importing a database from
Microsoft Access 2000 for use in Visual Basic 6.
This causes an “Unrecognized Database Format” error (#3343).
A temporary solution was found a while back in importing an Access 2000
database back into Access ’97 format, but doing
this removes the automatic validation (letters in a field designated to numbers, and so on.)
It appears that it is Visual Basic in fault at this.
Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, has anyone found a solution that
does not involve Visual Basic 7 or Microsoft Access 2003?

Thank you,
Sam

---
Sam Gerges